Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vintage Furniture gets a make over!

I love weekend yard sales!  Our city is a perfect place to go trolling around for vintage furniture that needs new life.  So back in early March the kiddo's and I were off to a playdate one Saturday morning while daddy was out skateboarding.  We were almost to the freeway and boom, yardsale!  The kids are yelling, daddy said no more chairs mommy!  But how could I not stop and "just look"? LOL!  Well long story short, I brought 2 of these beautiful arm chairs home for a whopping $25.00 for the pair.  The next day I took a trip to the local home depot paid $5.00 for some beautiful wood embellishments that the hubby helped me glue on and while we waited for them to dry he helped me decide on the fabric to recover the seats in.  So here is the before:


And here is the after of my NEW vintage living room arm chairs!  Yay!  I love them!  There is nothing you can't do with a little imagination, spray paint, glue & a staple gun!  Watch out! LOL!


No comments: