Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A New Desk for Xander!

My little guy Xander starts Kindergarten in September this year.  So I have been thinking of buying him a desk and getting him ready for the "homework process".  I am a HUGE believer in recycling old furniture and making it new.  And one day I was driving along and saw this desk on the curb and it called to me!  I know its got an old look, but with a little new spray paint I knew I could make it work.


Here is a look at the totally 70's drawers!  The hardware gave me a "hard" time and didn't want to come off.  They were rivited in!



So what color did I choose?  RED!

The grass got a nice new look too! LOL!


So what does it look like in his room?


A nice new shiny Red desk!  It totally makes his room pop!  And he loves it!



Instead of the dated leaves and rivited hardware I added brushed nickle.


And of course we needed a new chair for the new desk!  So I spray painted a basic wood and white kitchen chair we had in the garage blue.  Then pulled out the handy dandy staple gun!


We now have a one of a kind Tony Hawk Skateboard Chair!


Ah, look at that!  There is nothing more full-filling then seeing something that was going to be put in the land fill re-purposed!


My little guy is so excited!

No comments: