Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tshirt Fun...the Lalaloopsy way!

Months ago I found 4 T-shirts at Wal-Mart that had Lalaloopsy dolls on them.  My daughter is NUTS...completely NUTS about these dolls!  Similar to how she reacted when she was a toddler and would hear a Barney song or see the purple monster on the television!  So needless to say...when I spotted them on the rack I had to grab them up.  Imagin my horror when I found that there were only sizes Small (size 4/5) left on the rack! Ugh!  So the good mommy I am I bought them anyway knowing I could tweak them somehow and make them fit my size 8 baby girl.   So they sat for a while in my sewing room...waiting for inspiration...

Over the summer I bought the book Sewing ModKid Style by Patty Young.  I ADORE her knit fabrics and her patterns and was so oh so excited to find she published a book!  She had super simple patterns for kids using knit fabrics which my serger loves and my daughter does too!  So I took one of her simple shirt patterns and adjusted for the size to the Lalaloopsy store bought shirts.  Since the sizing was obviously 2 sizes too small I added a panel on the sides to allow for the size differental.  cut off the sleeves and got rid of the back of the shirt.  So all I used was the front of the shirt...the important part!  The result?  See for yourself!

 
Here is Peanut Big Top!  I added a Hood to the back!  And made matching yoga shorts with a pattern from the book.  I used the label from the inside of the shirt that says Lalaloopsy and put it on the bottom of the shorts to tie it all together!

 
 
Here is Bea Spells A Lot and and Jewel Sparkles...this one has matching yoga pants.
 
 
Jewel Sparkels is super fun in pink and turquoise!  I made a strip/wedge twirl skirt with yoga band again from the book!

 
For Spot  Splatter Splash I made it into a tank top and she has a matching skirt with yoga band top.

I hope you enjoyed this little blog on how to re-purpose a Tshirt!  My little girl loves them and as you can see they have been worn with love and many of the pieces I wrote about are in the laundry because she wears them so often!  Have a sew happy day!

No comments: